Flu vaccinations Winter 2020
Due to COVID-19 there is a national campaign to increase the uptake of vaccinations in the community.
Our seasonal flu programme is going to be a bit different this year due to this.
Telephone the surgery, we have appointments currently available to book on any of the following dates:
Saturday 3rd October
Saturday 17th October
Saturday 31st October
Saturday 28th November
These dates are for those patients that are medically eligible for flu vaccinations. If you are a patient that lives with someone that was officially Shielded then you would also qualify to be vaccinated under this criteria.
To help us help you please follow the instructions below
- Do Not attend if you are unwell or have a high temperature, cough or loss of taste or smell – call 119 to book a COVID-19 test.
- If you receive a bar coded letter be sure to bring that with you to your appointment.
- Please try and walk or cycle to your appointment as parking will be limited
- Wear clothing that is easy to remove or adjust. Remove all outer clothing once inside the building.
- Come alone if possible, wear a mask and be prepared to socially distance.
- If you are disabled or find it difficult to get out of your car inform reception when you book the appointment and we will arrange to vaccinate you in your car.
This year due to COVID-19 the government extended the vaccination programme to include 50-64 year olds. We are NOT currently booking appointments for any patients in this age range that are not medically eligible. When we receive further government advice about this, we will update you accordingly.
Children’s nasal flu vaccinations will be carried out in a separate clinic if they are not being vaccinated at school.