The Reynard Surgery are looking for a part time Medical Secretary to join our team. The surgery already has two Medical Secretaries who you will be working closely with as well as being a valued member of our overall surgery team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, flexible and proactive, ready to get stuck in to our rapidly growing practice.
We are looking for a Medical Secretary to work 16 hours per week with the following work pattern:
Thursday 8 - 5
Friday 8 - 5
Including 1 hours unpaid lunch break. We ask all of our staff to be as flexible as possible with holiday and sickness cover.
The main duties of our Medical Secretaries include typing clinicians dictated letters, completing referral forms, have excellent knowledge of our dictation and referral systems as well as our clinical system, SystmOne.
To provide general secretarial support to the practice manager, doctors and health professionals, involving word processing and audio typing skills with general clerical work.
- To provide an efficient audio, copy typing and word processing service for GPs and health professionals as required. This includes the typing of letters, reports, patient referrals, minutes, memorandums, etc. in an accurate and quality manner.
- To assist the practice manager with all clerical and administrative duties.
- To make appointments, bookings and admissions as required.
- To liaise and arrange meetings (to include the booking of rooms) as required and to attend meetings and take minutes.
- To establish and maintain filing and administrative systems so that written or computer information is easily accessible and secure.
- File patient records and correspondence in patient medical records.
- To receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries.
- To maintain the computer clinic system in an accurate and secure manner.
- To assist with the gathering of statistics and information when required.
- To provide cover for members of the secretarial team during periods of sickness and annual leave.
- In liaison with the clerk responsible, maintain adequate supplies of office stationery in order to perform secretarial duties.
- To receive and dispatch mail and maintain a pending system.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team - Excellent IT skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Adhere to the strictest confidentiality at all times
- Basic medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting - Experience working on SystmOne - Experience working in a secretarial/admin role
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Application Deadline: 15/02/2022
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.25-£10.50 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
All staff are following Government & NHS guidance and wear facemasks and use hand sanitiser. You will need to be double jabbed for Covid 19 to be considered for this role.